Thursday 21 April 2011

Skeleton Game!

Hey how's it going?

I've began setting everything up in Flash for my game. The buttons make noises and stuff!

Please click here to play the skeleton version so you know what I mean ;p.

However....

I've hit a massive wall in terms of programming my interface. It was to be that the user selected a glossy button to select a section of clothing. This section of clothing would then appear to the right on the Dresser Mirror, and provide the option to flick through the inventory. On choosing an item, the user could click on it and it would appear on the doll, tada!

Photobucket

I think I figured out how to do this, however, it's not working the way I need it to. There's a way to use buttons to load external files, but they all load in different places because each file image is slightly different! Basically it doesn't work, short of individually programming 100 different sources, it's certainly not on a timescale I have.

Therefore, I need to alter my interface a little. I feel a little disappointed that the interface won't be exactly the way I wanted it to be, but trying to program it that way has completely baffled me and my peers.

Also, here is crying shame reject number one:

Photobucket

It was such a nice clock!

xLouisax

No comments:

Post a Comment